- What Personal Information we collect
- How we use that Personal Information
- How we may share that Personal Information
- How we protect that Personal Information
- Your choices regarding your Personal Information
This Site contains links to other third party websites. Lincoln Electric does not control and is not responsible for the operation of such websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of those websites if you have questions about their privacy practices.
International Transfer of Your Personal Data
Personal Information collected through the Site is stored on servers located in the United States. In some cases, your Personal Information may also be stored on servers in a country where the Lincoln Electric affiliate is located that sells or markets to your stated location.
What Personal Information We Collect and How We Use That Personal Information
Lincoln Electric collects Personal Information for the purpose of providing information or updates about Lincoln Electric or its products or arc welding to individuals who visit the Site. We may also use Personal Information you submit for internal purposes including the administration of the Site, data analytics, and compliance with law or legal process and Lincoln Electric's policies and procedures.
Personal Information You Give Us
We collect Personal Information that you choose to enter into the Site. Examples of the information collected and purposes for which it is requested follow:
- Contact Us and Ask the Experts: You may submit an inquiry or comment to Lincoln Electric along with your name, address, phone number and email address. Lincoln Electric uses this information for the purpose of replying to your inquiry.
- Questionnaires and Surveys: Lincoln Electric may ask users of the Site to complete optional online surveys and opinion polls for the purpose of obtaining their input relating to our present or planned products and their use. These surveys help us to better meet your needs. In conducting these surveys we may ask you to provide your name and contact information so that we can provide you with information about our products and about welding and cutting, for example, by sending you newsletters or other marketing material.
- Product, Accessory and Extended Warranty Orders: If you purchase products from the Site, we ask for your contact, shipping and billing information. You will also be asked to provide your credit card number and security code solely to our credit card processing vendor, 3Delta Systems (3dsi.com), for purposes of payment. Lincoln Electric will not have access to or store your credit card information. For U.S. products, you may also register your Lincoln Electric product here so we can provide information updates to you.
- Locating a Distributor: If you use the Site to locate a nearby Lincoln Electric distributor, we will ask you for a location. Information about your location may be retained and analyzed for statistical business reasons.
- Customer and Investor Updates: Lincoln Electric may ask you to provide contact information so that updates to our products, safety data sheets (SDS), safety and corporate investor information may be sent to you.
- myLincoln Account: If you create an account on a Lincoln Electric website, we may collect the account information that you submit, such as your name, email address, and log-in information. We may also collect information regarding your orders through the account, such as your history of purchases.
Personal Information from Other Sources
The Site uses Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information unless you have logged into your myLincoln account, in which case your IP address will be linked to your myLincoln UserID. An Internet Service Provider ("ISP") typically assigns a random dynamic IP address at the time of your connection. For local area network ("LAN"), DSL, or cable modem users, a static IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. We may record the IP addresses of visitors to the Site. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. We will ask you to confirm that you have not and will not provide such information to us or in postings on the Site when you register. If we become aware that such information has been provided or posted on the Site, we will delete it from our records.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Lincoln Electric does not sell or lease any Personal Information such as email addresses collected on the Site. The following are some of the ways we share your information:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your Personal Information with third-party service providers under contract with Lincoln Electric to help us provide services to you. We may, for example, retain a third party to help us determine what marketing information you might find useful. We may also disclose your Personal Information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice. We use a third-party service provider to process any billing information, including credit card information, you submit. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your Personal Information similar to the ones that we provide.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lincoln Electric, our users, or others. This may include exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your Personal Information to prospective purchasers of any interest in Lincoln Electric or its assets.
When you visit our Site, Lincoln Electric may place cookies on your computer (or other device you use to browse the web) that tell third party vendors like Google and DataXU to show you ads for Lincoln Electric ("Remarketing Cookies"). As a result, these third party vendors may display Lincoln Electric ads to you on sites across the Internet. Remarketing Cookies only collect information about what webpages you have visited on the Site in order to show you ads about products that may interest you.
Remarketing Cookies are discussed in more detail in the Cookies Policy here.
How We Respond To Your 'Do Not Track' Browser Signals
We support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser's settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the sites collecting your personally identifiable information.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance / Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who use this Site may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of the user's Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by email or by mail to:
The Lincoln Electric Company
22801 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Lincoln Electric will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information it collects from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Lincoln Electric has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secures the Personal Information it collects from loss and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
Your Choices Regarding The Information We Collect
Unsubscribing from Emails
You may choose to stop receiving marketing or promotional emails by unsubscribing here, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by emailing us your request to unsubscribe.
Updating Personal Information
You may use the link in the "Contacting Us" section of this policy to provide us with your updated or corrected Personal Information or to request that we delete your Personal Information.
If you have an account and login with us, the Site provides you the option to update or correct information previously provided by logging into your account and clicking User Admin Center and then My Profile to access your Personal Information and correct, amend or delete inaccurate information.
We may retain your Person Information for as long as permitted or required by applicable law.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the Site or your dealings with the Site, you can email us or contact us at the following address:
The Lincoln Electric Company
22801 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44117