Simple and Rugged. Stick, TIG and Arc Gouging.
Built for operation in remote locations, the Big Red™ 500 is a simple, rugged diesel engine driven welder for stick welding, TIG and arc gouging. The design features no PC boards, proven reactor technology and the popular Deutz® D2011L3i oil/air-cooled industrial diesel engine for high reliability in jungles, deserts and other extreme environments.
- Simple, Rugged Design
- Proven reactor technology.
- No PC boards.
- Heavy guage steel base, frame, case sides and roof.
- High-Output Welding and Arc Gouging
- 500 Amps DC stick and DC TIG welding.
- 8 mm (5/16”) carbon arc gouging.
- Desert Duty™ Rated
- Rated welding outputs for extreme temperature operation up to 55°C.
- Versatile Receptacle Connections for 60 Hz AC Generator Power
- Operate common construction tools:
- 2,400 watts, 120V NEMA receptacles.
- 1,800 watts, 120V EURO receptacle.
- 120V receptacles are GFCI protected.
- 3,600 watts, 240V EURO receptacle, with a port for easily adding an RCD (Residual Current Device).
- Popular Deutz® Industrial Diesel Engine
- Deutz® D2011L3i, 32 HP, 1800 RPM.
- 3-cylinder, oil/air-cooled.
- EPA Tier 4i.
- Engine protection for low oil pressure and high temperature.
- Low maintenance and long life.
|Type of Engine
- Deutz D2011L3i EPA Tier 4i
|HP and speed
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
||36.9 in x 28.3 in x 65.1 in (937 mm x 718 mm x 1654 mm)
||1538.00 (697.64 kg)
Medium Two-Wheel Road Trailer with Duo-Hitch®
Fender and Light Kit
Four-Wheel Steerable Yard Trailer with Duo-Hitch®
Analog Weld Meters Kit
Spark Arrestor Kit
MULTI-WELD® 350 Multi-Operator Welder
Accessory Kit - 400 Amp
PTA-26V TIG Torch (25 ft 2pc)
Parts Kit for PTA-26 and PTW-18 TIG Torches