Ankle high leather safety steel-toed shoes are mandatory for this class.
Designed to instruct welders in welding safety and the Flux-Cored Arc Welding process (FCAW) for both Self-Shielded (Innershield®) and Gas-Shielded (Outershield® and UltraCore®) methods. The course lasts one week, involving approximately 30 hours of booth instruction, lecture and practice.
- Learn fundamentals of FCAW Self-Shielded (Innershield®)
- Learn fundamentals of FCAW Gas-Shielded (Outershield®)
- Weld on 10 gauge through 1-inch thick material in all positions
- Use a variety of electrodes, wire feeders and power sources
- Typical joint designs used in construction and shipbuilding are welded, which consist of fillet, lap, groove and butt welds
- Final weld tests are on 1-inch bevel plate vertical up with and without a backin bar
30 Clock Hours: Lab: 26, Class: 4
Please Note: If a student desires to practice on different types of welds, and/or materials other than those offered, material must be provided by student.
2016 Course Dates:
February 29 - March 4