The duration is 3 days. Frequency of course offering weekly Monday through Wednesday. If you have purchased additional options such as Touch Sensing and Thru-Arc-Seam-Tracking, you will be scheduled for 1-2 additional days for these options.
Robotic Programming Training Course Prerequisites
The robotic programming training course is conducted on a combination lecture-laboratory basis. Typically, students are grouped (2) per robot and work as a team in performing the hands-on exercises. The course is intensive. Students attending are expected to have some experience in one or more of the following:
Welding, Electrical, Computer, C.N.C.
Prior robot programming experience is a plus. Assignments are made which require some evening study. The proper selection of the employees to be trained and their interest in being trained are critical success factors in any robot installation.
Students should have experience in GMAW and welding processes. The basic robot programming class is geared towards programmers responsible for maintaining their systems.
Participants will be able to:
- Safety precautions while programming and operating the robot system
- Fundamental of teach pendant and arc tool programming language
- Structured programming language techniques and edit commands
- Instructional commands and menu structure
- Operator controls and indicators on the teach pendant and operator panel
- Correct positioning of the robot using the teach pendant and various motion types
- Welding program structure and operation including straight line, circles, and weaving fundamentals
- Proper editing procedures and programs commands and functions
- Basic error recovery
- Torch and wrist alignment checks
- How to setup a Tool Center Point
- Home program, Zero program
- Backing up programs to a memory card
- Setting up a jog frame
- Wait and timer instructions
- Program copy, delete, comment and write protect
- Torch cleaning program (option)
- Password protect (option)
- Turntable (option)
Course Fee: $1600
($400 for each additional day)
2017 Course Dates:
Complete the registration form
Contact our Automation School Coordinator: (888) 935-3878