the PUSH-PULL system
The solution for indoor air pollution in the industry
Extraction at source is impossible when welding large pieces of metalwork or when the welder needs tochange his welding location frequently. In such cases, aerial extraction is the only way to tackle the layer of welding fumes. Lincoln developed the extremely effective push/pull-system especially for this purpose. Lincoln’s push/pull-system consists of 4 components:
1. Extraction (Pull): To move and extract the layer of particulate in a controlled direction, an extraction duct is designed according to your specific operation and facility layout. The extraction duct is provided with airflow grids.
2. Filtration: The extraction duct is connected to a self-cleaning filtration unit. As the particulate moves through the extraction duct, it is collected on the filter media which is periodically cleaned by an automated, pneumatic cleaning system.
3. Fan: The continuous extraction (pulling), filtration and re-circulation (pushing) process is generated by a fan unit specifically sized for the system and positioned downstream from the filtration unit. To significantly reduce the system’s noise level, the fan is mounted in a sound absorbing enclosure and powered and controlled by intelligent controls.
4. Re-circulation (Push): Once the particulates have been filtered, the filtered air can be re-circulated. By re-circulating the air, energy cost savings, specifically in climate controlledenvironments, can be recognized.
Push/Pull Systems Product Info
Suitable solutions for all circumstances
Some examples of push/pull-systems incorporating Lincoln’s SCS filter units and the FAN 120 fans are given below:
• Cleaner work environment – Reduce dust and dirt in operator and surrounding work areas.
• Custom engineered to meet facility and application requirements.
• Easy installation – Position the filter and fan unit on the floor, a platform or a mezzanine.
• Low noise level – Will not contribute to increased noise levels.
• Airflow: 6000 cfm
• Input Power: 380 - 480/3/50 - 60 Hz
• Maximum Fan Power Consumption: 10 HP (7.5 kW)
• Dimensions: H x W x D: 2865 x 1200 x 2438 mm
• Ducting Height: 4 - 6m
• Weight: 620 kg, does not include ducting or in/outlet grids
• Maximum Noise Level: 68 dB(A) according to ISO 3746
• Throw of the air flow is adjustable from 5 - 23m
• Operating Temperatures: Minimum: 20°C, Maximum: 45°C)
• Drum Capacity: 100 liters
• Certification: System Controls-UL 508A, Fan Motor-UR, Frequency Inverter-UL
• Cover Area:
– Minimum Length: 10 m
– Maximum Length: 50 m
– Minimum Width: 5 m
– Maximum Width: 23 m